My mom forwarded this in email from another one of her friends.
I freakishly can’t stop looking at it and giggling. We are having ham on Christmas so I will have to wait until next year. Sigh. Her heading was: Keeping Abreast of Holiday Recipes. It is a lemon sliced and put under the skin before roasting.
Keeping Abreast Of Holiday Recipes
Being the week before Christmas I am surprisingly calm and under control this year. My shopping is nearly done and on budget. I say nearly done because all I have left to get is stocking stuffers for the Joys – I already have some nail polishes for Joy1 to throw in there. I think I will get Joy2 some Stance socks and then some chocolate and ridiculous fillers.
Work has been great – lots of Christmas present cash, debit and Starbucks giftcards, a poinsettia, flowers, cards. I love my clients:) I’ve been working hard this month but it’s been a few crushing days, lots of light days and enough days off.
Everything in my own world is calm and it makes for a peaceful season. Very unusual but I won’t question that. I like the serenity. I still have to deal with driving the Joys 2.5 hours on Christmas Day to my parents home. None of us like the drive on the holiday and I do stress about potential drama between Joy1 and my mom or between myself and my mom. I keep my brain slightly lubricated, smile and go to my happy place.
Mother’s Little Helper
Festive Bullet Points From This Week:
- Our Home Depot Christmas tree looks like crap. Every tree there was all tied up so we brought one home and when the branches settled down after a couple days the bottom third of the tree was bald twigs. It was fun picking it out with the Joys and we are happy to have a tree but the quality this year was embarrassing and they should give me my money back. But it would be too hard to return a Christmas tree. Boo, Home Depot.
- Joy1 and I went to see a live musical production of, “White Christmas”, at the North Park Theater. It was great but sadly I have no pictures.
- Joy2 went with me to a youth production of, “The Nutcracker”. I have a byline for this performance which will only cement my seat on the bus to hell. This is our selfie from the show:
- After 7 Christmas’s without incident, our canine companion has suddenly decided to unwrap gifts from under the tree when we aren’t here so I’ve had to yell, “Baaaaad Dooooog”, three days in a row and re-wrap about 10 presents. Some kind of doggy mid-life crises, no doubt.
- I am digging on the Christmas ad from Kmart of the twerking prego’s wearing Joe Boxer Jammies. Very festive. I couldn’t figure out how to link it so if anyone wants to help on that, yes please..
I am supposed to bring desserts for our extended family gathering on Friday so I may have some cooking in the next few days. Maybe cheesecake, maybe toffee, maybe chocolate mousse. Maybe I buy a couple of pies at the store.
Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I will work for half of the day, finish the stocking stuffer shopping and then I am supposed to go to BF’s for our personal Christmas. Christmas is officially here, let the eating and drinking begin!
PS: The Christmas House pictured is a friend’s daughter’s house in Colorado. I want.